Wednesday

Did Russ Meyer Face Such Hostilities?

I just want to apologize today to all the people who might have been looking forward to buying my straight-to-DVD documentary and perhaps expecting a polished, professional product. Despite my best intentions, I was unable to afford further studio access to re-record the director's commentary track, so unfortunately you can hear an insulting amount of acerbic giggling in the background as I speak. This giggling was perpetrated by the studio technicians who were running the board at the time and I was not aware of their incredibly rude interference until it was much too late. As if it weren't bad enough that the entire American festival circuit was afraid to show One Shirt, Two Sleeves, containing as it does the most devastating testimonial evidence of eyeglasses theft in our nation's assisted living facilities ever recorded, now the DVD has been ruined. It's still a taut, gripping, and emotional thirteen minutes, but going behind the scenes with me via the commentary track is now all but pointless, as the constant snickers and cynical comments of unprofessional buffoons color the whole thing. The good news is that I have lowered the price of the DVD from $39.95 to $31.95 to make up for the inconvenience of it only being available through my AOL Hometown web site. Here's looking forward to more exciting documentary projects which I hope will be more gratefully received by the public and the filmmaking community which is supposedly supportive of all who dare seek the truth of the world we live in through the creation of timely and powerful videos. And I assure you, my audience, that I will never again employ the services of Z-Best Recording of Struggs, Maryland for any reason, and neither should any other serious artisan.