Wednesday

The Blatant Unfairness of It All

I am very weak as I write this---oh so very weak---but I shall try my best to finish these sentences before I pass out again on my filthy straw mat.

As I announced on this blog two months ago, I am on a hunger strike until the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-14) defeat the 2007 New England Patriots (16-0) in a football game simulated by the WhatIf? Sports stat generator.

Every day for sixty-one days I have had the stat generator simulate a contest between these two historic teams, and every single day my dream has been crushed.

I can take this no longer.

I don’t know if I can go even one more day without taking in substantial nutrients---and yet I refuse. I refuse to ingest anything other than Orangina and clam juice until the inevitable happens.

For all I know, this could be my last day on earth---sometimes now when I drift in and out of unconsciousness, I see a dark specter beckoning me.

Now, while you are here with me, and my strength is high (the afternoons are always better; I don’t tremble so much then), I shall click the SIMULATE! button afresh.

Please, Lord...please let this time be different. I simply don’t have the strength to continue.

Now. NOW: