Saturday

The Blog = Truth

Dear Godlike in Boston,

Thanks for your comments to the blog. You make a fair point; however, the subtle fact that you seem to be missing, fair reader, is that THE RED SOX SUCK!!!!

-Soren




Dear Soren,

Your response to my posting on your blog was well-articulated and thoroughly researched, I am sure. Allow me at this time to respectfully differ with your viewpoint and refer back to my original thesis that THE RED SOX RULE!!!!!!

-Godlike in Boston




Dear Godlike in Boston,

Yes, yes, my friend, once again you have put forth your hypothesis in a most cogent manner, and yet I cannot help but feel that, if everything is taken into careful consideration, THE RED SOX BLOW!!!!!

-Soren




Dear Soren,

I appreciate the stark honesty that you have made the touchstone of our current exchange. But, with all due respect to your experience and intellect, may I suggest to you at this time that you might be overlooking a vital bit of substantiated data that I feel establishes beyond a shadow of a doubt that THE RED SOX ROCK!!!!

-Godlike in Boston




Dear Godlike in Boston:

The clarity of your argument continues to impress me to the point where I am now actually reconsidering my outlook on this entire matter; in fact, let me say, without hesitation, that I have, upon examining all the evidence you have put before me, become suddenly convinced that THE RED SOX BITE!!!!

-Soren




Dear Soren:

Never before have I come upon a more reasoned debater or a more impassioned advocate for his message, and I will here confess that it is your opinion of the situation which has caused me to re-evaluate all that I believed I knew, and so I say unabashedly on this day, to all who might hear me, that THE RED SOX DOMINATE!!!!

-Godlike in Boston




Dear Godlike in Boston:

You’re right. You are absolutely right. So right, I feel, that I am willing to go public here and now with a total embrace of your ethos and declare in giant capital letters that THE RED SOX SUCK!!!!

-Soren




Dear Soren:

Hey, what’s this I found on the floor? Oh look, it’s THE RED SOX REIGN!!!!!!

-Godlike in Boston




Dear Godlike in Boston:

Hey, what’s that crawling out of your sister’s hairnet? It kind of resembles THE RED SOX WHEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Soren



(Note to the reader: The remaining nineteen pages of this exchange, dated August 31, 2007, are currently on display at the National Archives in Washington, DC through November 9 as part of the “American Minds in Debate: The Foundations of Democracy” exhibit. See the Archives’ web site for directions and museum hours.)